2016 Jeep Wrangler making sounds (bearing?)

Asapscarr

Been driving my fathers jeep since hes been out the country ... suddenly I start hearing a noise coming out the transmission I went to a shop near me and they said it sounds like the bearing I haven’t gotten them to actually look at it since they was about to close. It definitely has gotten quieter since I first heard it but it seems like the longer you drive it gets slightly louder. I really don’t want to have my father come back and see his car making noises which is why I prefer to fix it with my own money is there a quick fix to make the car shut up?

Does it have a clutch pedal and you have to manually shift the gears?

Or you put it into Drive and it shifts by its self?

Does it have a clutch pedal and you have to manually shift the gears?

Or you put it into Drive and it shifts by its self?

image.jpg

The only thing I know of that could make a noise when accelerating is a cracked flexplate. Other then that no idea, just take it back to the Shop and have them tell you what it is and get a Estimate.

The only thing I know of that could make a noise when accelerating is a cracked flexplate. Other then that no idea, just take it back to the Shop and have them tell you what it is and get a Estimate.
While idling you can hear the sound and just when you first start pushing the gas you hear it... as you continue to push the gas further the sound completely stops

Took me forever to figure this out but I recorded a memo of how my vehicle sounds the first few seconds is the vehicle stopped at a red light as the memo continues you’ll hear when I press the gas ( I also notice the sound only appears when I put it on Drive or Reverse when I put it on neutral or park it’s completely gone

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iXQANhc1ZSyZkjbJFfXm-6y4BbrA14YI/view?usp=drivesdk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19HgjXzAiYmEJAd7HlwgzMjdXPR-xW0_a/view?usp=drivesdk

I can't really tell from the sound.
Oh okay thats fine... can I continue driving the vehicle??? and if it is the flexplate can I get it fixed by a mechanic quickly? I'm willing to spend whatever to get this car to shut up even though I have warranty (dealership booked for 3-4 weeks)

I'm not sure if it is the flexplate from the sound, just take it to a transmission shop and have them check it.

Reactions: mrjp