2015 Wrangler With a P0302 Code

ev4n13

Hey Guys,

So I have a 2015 Wrangler with 100 000km (No clue if plugs have been changed yet) throwing a Cylinder 2 misfire code. It went off then came back on shortly after. Runs like normal but the idle is very rough. Now I'm hoping this is not the dreaded head problem of the 2012s but if it is am I covered under the extended warranty they've added? Regardless, I'm assuming that's not the issue as I have not checked anything yet. My code reader is only registering miss fires when I'm at idle. Does that mean anything? I just bought new spark plugs (Which Ill be installing this coming weekend) and ignition coils are on the way.

Hey Guys,

So I have a 2015 Wrangler with 100 000km (No clue if plugs have been changed yet) throwing a Cylinder 2 misfire code. It went off then came back on shortly after. Runs like normal but the idle is very rough. Now I'm hoping this is not the dreaded head problem of the 2012s but if it is am I covered under the extended warranty they've added? Regardless, I'm assuming that's not the issue as I have not checked anything yet. My code reader is only registering miss fires when I'm at idle. Does that mean anything? I just bought new spark plugs (Which Ill be installing this coming weekend) and ignition coils are on the way.

Are the plugs the same as OEM, if not your Jeep probably won't like them.

Reactions: mrjp
Well spark plugs and coil didnt do it. Its headed to the dealership on Friday now so they can tell me what it is.

Well this sucks. Spark plugs and coil didnt do anything. Still the same problem. Just booked an appointement at the dealership Friday so they can atleast tell me what the problem is.

• Sad
Reactions: JK Hell and mrjp
Nope dont have it blinking yet, but I figure its just a matter of time. If you have a 2013 its pretty likely you have the head issue. Luckily youre probably also under the extended warrenty for the heads.