2015 misfire HELP

JeepKreep

Hello! I just recently purchased a 2015 jku with 130,000 miles. I bought it knowing the engine light was on thinking I could fix it with a few parts. Its a good clean ride completely stock. It’s throwing codes p0300 and p0302.. (misfire in cylinder 2)

Thing is it runs and sounds just fine. If the light wasn’t on I would’ve even suspect anything to be wrong.

First we replaced the coil after noticing the plugs were recently replaced, cleared the codes and the light popped on the next day.

I ordered mopar brand plugs and replaced all 6 plugs, cleared the codes and the light popped back on within 20 minutes.

We found that whoever had the Jeep before had 3 different brand of plugs in it. Which tells me they couldn’t figure out the issue either and just traded it in.

Has anyone had a similar issue that figured it out?

Reactions: 1Graeman
Hello! I just recently purchased a 2015 jku with 130,000 miles. I bought it knowing the engine light was on thinking I could fix it with a few parts. Its a good clean ride completely stock. It’s throwing codes p0300 and p0302.. (misfire in cylinder 2)

Thing is it runs and sounds just fine. If the light wasn’t on I would’ve even suspect anything to be wrong.

First we replaced the coil after noticing the plugs were recently replaced, cleared the codes and the light popped on the next day.

I ordered mopar brand plugs and replaced all 6 plugs, cleared the codes and the light popped back on within 20 minutes.

We found that whoever had the Jeep before had 3 different brand of plugs in it. Which tells me they couldn’t figure out the issue either and just traded it in.

Has anyone had a similar issue that figured it out?

Sometimes it can be a dirty connector, or damaged pin in the connector.

Sometimes a ECM reset is necessary after replacing parts.

Reactions: BigAL07

Sometimes a ECM reset is necessary after replacing parts

Sometimes a ECM reset is necessary after replacing parts.
We checked the connectors while we had it apart. They checked out.

Reactions: Danarch and BigAL07
We checked the connectors while we had it apart. They checked out.
I have been having the same problem on cylinder 3.

I replaced the spark plug and coil pack to no avail.

The shop I go to replaced the fuel injector for cylinder 3 and that helped for a few days.

I would check your injectors. It wasn't my problem but it might be yours.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU