2014 first major modification- front bumper

BaaaBa Iowa

Hi fellow Jeepers thanks for the ad! I bought a 2014 2 door Black JK in August and have been itching to modify all winter. I’m ready to pull the trigger on a new front bumper- the stock one is blah. I’m hopeful
Someone is willing to share advice, experience, comments on which one to choose.

What I want in a front bumper: Full-width. Black. Grill guard/hoop (bolt on not welded) Easy install. Not going to put winch on so would like to be able to cover that gap/hole. Light mounts are like to have but not at top of list.

My fear is putting a lot of $$ into something that’ll turn out to be junk. Reputable on-line retailer steered me to Rugged Ridge HXD with over rider hoop and high clearance ends. I like the look and the price is at my top end. But can’t find anything on the brand as far as bumpers or about this bumpers durability.

if there is something similar but better - but not crazy priced please share. Thanks in advance!

That's really not a bad price for a full width bumper. Most similar bumpers (style/look) are in the $700+ range.
I have an issue with Rugged Ridge and their customer service- I've been trying to get a part # and price for a simple piece for my hood latches for nearly 4 months and can't even get anyone on the phone or an email response.
1615648100674.png

If you asked me today- right now- I wouldn't buy a thing from these folks until they showed me they actually have any customer service.