2013 Jeep Wrangler overheating

Miller1020

Hello thanks for letting me into the forums a lot of helpful info but I am having a bit of a problem I have replaced the thermostat and the water pump and the radiator properly burped the system but I can bleed it then drive it for like three days then it overheats again it will heat up to about three quarters of the way at lower RPMS then when I get up to about 4 or 5 thousand RPMS it will go back down to normal temp any tips or suggestions thanks so much

BLACKJKU

Staff Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello thanks for letting me into the forums a lot of helpful info but I am having a bit of a problem I have replaced the thermostat and the water pump and the radiator properly burped the system but I can bleed it then drive it for like three days then it overheats again it will heat up to about three quarters of the way at lower RPMS then when I get up to about 4 or 5 thousand RPMS it will go back down to normal temp any tips or suggestions thanks so much

Welcome

Is the Jeep a auto trans, i'm thinking somewhere around that year they had a problem with the lock up solenoid in the trans. It was causing the engine to overheat.

If it was mine I wouldn't take it to the Dealer but a good local transmission shop.

Reactions: Miller1020