2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited stalling when I come to a stop

sydneyrose

My 2012 Jeep Wrangler stalls about 1/3 of the time when I come to a stop- like at a red light, stop sign, or when I am shifting to from drive to reverse or from reverse to drive. I have taken it to the local Jeep dealership where they had it for three weeks and could not get a code. They asked for a list of all of the fixes I have had in the past six months which essentially involved me changing the shocks, axle replacements, and patching the transmission pan due to a leak. The dealership said it was the transmission filter so they fixed that as well as giving me all new transmission fluids. Took the car home, drove it a couple hours later and it stalled three times in the various positions I described above. I am honestly at a loss for what to do and could use whatever advise anyone has.

Is it throwing a check engine lights or any lights at all?
It's not throwing any lights at all unfortunately- it's like the car just shuts off, I will come to a stop and everything will turn off so I will have to put it in park and completely restart the car.

Dang, that’s really hard to say what it might be without some sort of code. It sounds like it could be electrical though.

Hard to pinpoint. I had someone put a large marble in my gas tank once. When fuel line picked it up engine would sputter and die.

I don't know if you ever fixed the issue, but I also have a 2012 JKU Sahara that did the exact same thing until I changed the crankshaft position sensor. Up until I changed the sensor the issue stomped every mechanic I took my Jeep to.

Reactions: BigAL07 and Chris
Yep, the CPS could definitely be the root of the cause. If it isn't throwing a code, I suspect it will be throwing one shortly.

My 2015 Rubicon is doing the exact same thing. My wife had it do it one time after making a panic. Stop on the interstate and I headed done the same thing to me making a slow easy right hand turn. Put the Jeep in neutral fires right up and goes right on. It might not do it for two for 2 weeks and then turn around to it twice in the same day. The Jeep has117,000 mi on it could the camshaft positioning center be going out on this Jeep also? And you're right, the dealership had mine for two weeks and came up with nothing. It seems like dealerships can do nothing unless there's a code if anybody's had this problem, please help. My wife is afraid to drive her own vehicle