2011 JKU Sahara - Shamrock

Shamrock61

I just became part of the Jeep community last summer and am now looking to finally start with mods. I was a truck guy for most of my life, the last one being a 2006 Duramax. I wasn't sure if I'd be happy downsizing to the JKU, but I have to say, this is one of the most fun vehicles I've ever owned, and I don't see ever NOT owning a Jeep from here on out. I will be looking to put a 2.5-3 inch lift on it this summer and would like some suggestions on what works for everyone, and maybe what you like or don't like about whatever lift you're running. Believe me, I know that all mods and mod manufacturers are a subjective thing, but it would help with my researching to figure out what I want to use. I'm also always open to mod suggestions, including the DYI modifications that may require little or no parts. I am a former (well, you're never a FORMER) mechanic, and have my own tools. I prefer doing my own mods and repairs, so that's something that may help in any suggestions. Thanks for the add, and I look forward to being active in the community.

Jeep.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep3.jpg

There's so many things you can do to these things you really have to be careful, as it can lead to a rabbit hole with no end.

I think the most important thing to ask yourself to start the build is what size tire do you want to run, and what do you plan to use the Jeep for? On-road only, off-road only, a mix of both, or on-road with maybe some occasionally off-roading.

Oh, and welcome to the Jeep life... it ain't cheap ;)