2011 Jeep Wrangler JK with cold start issue

IslandGirl

I need help and I am hoping someone has had this problem. I have a 2011 Wrangler and have a cold start issue. I live in Florida and when it gets chilly my jeep has a hard time starting. Summertime is not really an issue. When I go to start the jeep it will start up but immediately shuts off. I have tried turning the key to the on position and waited till I buckle up then turn the key to crank and it still fires right up but immediately shuts off. It is back at the dealership but they cannot explain what it is. No check engine light, no backfiring, no rough idle. Once the sun warms the jeep it will start right up and runs great. If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it. Thank you

But were the battery clamps cleaned and the ground wires that are throughout the Jeep cleaned, Ive heard that moisture from cold weather can cause issues from bad connections.

Does your JK have an auto trans? If so, you may want to check the fluid level. Some people were having a problem with their jeeps shutting down when put in reverse. It had to do with low trans fluid affecting the torque converter. It is a bit different then what you are experiencing but worth checking.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I see it more often than not. It's not the OPs fault by any means. Any good mechanic should be able to figure it out on their own, and if they can't, they should be smart enough to use the resources at their disposal (including Google) to research the issue and fix it. I mean they are getting paid to do THEIR job. The fact that somehow the customer ends up doing it absolutely blows my mind.

Good morning, it turned out to be my KEY!!! It was an aftermarket key which was the only key that came with the jeep when I bought it in 2019. Thank you for checking up on me!

Who would have ever thought a key would be the problem, but it probably was messing with the security system. Darn picky Jeeps.

Reactions: mrjp and IslandGirl
Since your a member how about a picture of your Jeep, we're picture hounds around here.
This is Dori

Screenshot_2019-10-19-18-21-10~2.png