2010 JKU Rubicon

Daddyo2373

JK Enthusiast
Ride of the Month Winner
This is actually my wife's but since I do all the work I'm claiming it too (at least until I get my own).

We bought it about 2 months ago. It was stock except for the winch.
I have installed LED headlights, LED ditch lights, rocker switch pod on the A pillar, transmission cooler, and CB.
We are taking it next week to get a 2.5 inch lift, and then some KM3 tires the week after.

IMG_20191116_174752.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Nice and clean.
How did you install the winch with a stock bumper?
It was on there when we bought it. It has a bracket that is designed for it. There are 2 small holes that had to be cut in the stock bumper though, on each end where the hooks are. I would like to have an aftermarket bumper, but it doesn't look too bad.

20191204_205901.jpg
20191204_205918.jpg

Reactions: Oscar-Mike
Awesome start! Got any other immediate plans for it?
The biggest things are the lift and tires in a couple of weeks. We can't wait for those. The front end is sagging pretty bad right now.
The other things on the wish list are to replace all the other lights with LED, recovery gear, and a dead pedal. Recovery gear is next priority.
In the spring we will have to get a soft top since it did not come with one, and hopefully some Bartact seat covers too if the $$ allows.

Reactions: Chris
The biggest things are the lift and tires in a couple of weeks. We can't wait for those. The front end is sagging pretty bad right now.
The other things on the wish list are to replace all the other lights with LED, recovery gear, and a dead pedal. Recovery gear is next priority.
In the spring we will have to get a soft top since it did not come with one, and hopefully some Bartact seat covers too if the $$ allows.

Well, sounds like you're ready to start spending! It never stops with these things :ROFLMAO:

You will have a great time doing all these upgrades, no doubt a happy wife is a happy life.
You got that right! She loves this jeep and is so excited.
This is probably the only time I can buy jeep parts and her not get mad.....because they are for HER jeep! :)

My wife has zero interesting Jeeps whatsoever surprisingly enough. The one car she wants more than any other is a Dodge Challenger. That's something I never would have thought!

Reactions: Daddyo2373
Also installed a rear view mirror with camera front and back. I made a custom bracket so the camera is between the spare wheel spokes.

20200119_151139.jpg
20200119_150006.jpg

That looks fantastic, I love it!

IMHO that looks great with the factory wheels.
Thanks. We like the wheels too. Plus, we have extras if one gets damaged. The spare was actually an 18 inch. So, looked on marketplace and got a set of 5 factory rims for $50!
Can't beat that!

Thanks. We like the wheels too. Plus, we have extras if one gets damaged. The spare was actually an 18 inch. So, looked on marketplace and got a set of 5 factory rims for $50!
Can't beat that!

Yep, I got a spare set of those Moab wheels as take-offs in immaculate condition (5 of them) for $150, which I felt like was a great deal. $50 though, that's just a steal!

Either way, they look really good! I wish more people kept that look.