2010 JK HVAC directional actuator not working

Basherj

When I try to change the which vent my air/heat blows out it will not switch from face to any other selection. The knob moves but the air flow doesn’t change. I got in behind the glove box and manually moved it to front defrost since it has started getting cold where I am at.

Are there any trouble shooting things I can do to figure out the problem? Should I just go ahead a switch the cable that rotates the selector disk? I can’t find much info on this problem.

It is not the blend actuator. I have no problems with the temperature that comes out. It is just the vents.
Thanks!

A9D868F1-C673-4793-8F42-53A70732CE14.jpeg

14938B31-53FD-48E2-83D8-74DA56CABD14.jpeg

My 2010 since new sticks real bad when it is cold out. We just leave it in def/floor all winter. Do not want to force anything. Have to keep the winter boots dry and warm for clutching.

If you're going to replace the wire, why not remove the selector and clean it up, lube it and reinstall. A lot of dirt and dust gets into that selector and it's only a phillips head screw holding it in place.

Reactions: Chris
If you're going to replace the wire, why not remove the selector and clean it up, lube it and reinstall. A lot of dirt and dust gets into that selector and it's only a phillips head screw holding it in place.

That is my plan. I just was wondering if there is a way to see if the wire is bad. It is looking like I am just going to replace the wire and clean up the selector.
Thanks!