2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited Transmission Issue

rtmcgill570

56000 miles. This the second time that my transmission lines have blown. Leaking fluid everywhere. Last repair was three months ago. No issue. No it has happened again. They replaced some clips the last time. I have no check engine lights, there is no sign of overheating, I don't take it off-roading. I travel no more than 30 miles per day. I don't slam on the gas. I am really frustrated by this.

What happens is it will rev, no matter the gear, and the fluid will leak out. Then to repair shop on a tow truck. I bought this used with 51000 miles about 7 months ago. Any insight to this would be appreciated

This is a 10yo Thread but it says there's a recall on the transmission lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danarch
Also there should be a way to cut off the part that leaks and then use a rubber transmission hose and double clamps to make it last longer. I don't have a auto so i'm not familiar with where they leak.

Thanks for info. I am waiting to see what the shop has to say - I will update as soon as I hear anything.

Most repair shops won't do the Warranted or do the repairs that will make it last longer. They will more then likely just put another cheap set of lines on that will fail again.

Reactions: BigAL07