2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X Wheel and Tire help

colemorden03

I am 17 and have had my jeep for about two years now. I have done some basic mods to it like getting window tint, new headlights, and some grille inserts. I am wanting to take it to the next step and get about a 2 inch lift kit with some new wheels and tires. What tire and wheel size would yall reccomend for a 2 inch lift? I am planning on getting K02 All Terrains. I have been researching for hours and need help.

A question back at you what are your plans with the Jeep, just a daily driver? Some trail driving, rock crawling?

Reactions: mrjp
With a 2" lift you won't be able to go over the stock size tires then, unless you was to put on some flat top fenders. Then you could probably put some 35's on with the 2" lift.

With a 2" lift you won't be able to go over the stock size tires then, unless you was to put on some flat top fenders. Then you could probably put some 35's on with the 2" lift.
Ok. Do you think I could do 33s? What would you reccomend for wheel size?

33's you could put on the stock wheels, if you have 255/70's on they are just about a 32" tire.

33's you could put on the stock wheels, if you have 255/70's on they are just about a 32" tire.
Ok cool thanks. I will probably end up doing 33s with 18 inch wheels... not sure how itll look but ill go for it haha. Im still searching for some good looking wheels

You would be better off staying with a 17" wheel. You`ll have a better tire choice. Also you should get the Jscan app and a obd II reader so you can adjust for a larger tire size

I might add also if you go to a 35" or taller tire you'll have to change your gears, unless you have 4.10's you could get away with not changing them.

yeah, don't go 18 if you plan on going off pavement.

You want more rubber than metal and 18s just don't have the selection. 17 x 9 is the standard for JKs. Best selection of tires.

and 33s is a fine size. You don't really have to do anything to the jeep like you start having to do with 35s.