2.5" lift kit questions

Echy

Would love some advice.

Looking at getting a 2.5 inch Teraflex lift kit with 9550 VSS Shocks for my overlanding Wrangler. In addition to the kit, I plan on getting a new drag link & steering stabilizer.

Not a rock crawler or mud bogger, just an overlanding rig.

Would there be anything else I should add to the upgrade?

Not much reason to replace the steering stab unless it's leaking.

I have the same kit and I've never bothered to get adjustable track bars. it is only about a 1/2 inch off. You can't even tell unless you take a tape measure. Don't waste your money on a drag link.

Reactions: mrjp
I've been running a 2.5" lift on my daily driver/moderate wheeling Jeep for about 5 years now. Dont know the details of the kit you're installing or what it comes with but here are my suggestions/opinion.. There is no need to upgrade any of the steering unless you just want some added strength (tie rod mostly, because it is most likely to hit something). You'll benefit from lower front control arms to correct caster, so the Jeep doesn't feel "flighty" or "darty" on road. I run JKS fixed length, which are slightly longer than stock. You could also go adjustable of course, that will adjust to a longer length. Longer front and rear sway bar endlinks. Adjustable trac bar in front and either an adjustable rear or correction bracket. Thats about it. the 3.5" range and above is where you run into other problems and things to correct.

Reactions: mrjp