‘15 JKU traction control issue

Shluff

*PLEASE HELP*
My traction control light flashes and won’t let me accelerate and the abs systems activates. Not the abs light, the system. 95% of the time this happens I am on the highway. It has happens a few times on residential roads. 98% of the the times it has happened on the highway it has been when I have the steering wheel turned to the right. Here’s the background on the Jeep. I bought it at the end of 2019 with either a 2 1/2” or 3” lift. I have done nothing suspension or axle wise other than weld C gussets on the front. The issue started around the last quarter of 2021. Now for what I have done about it so far. I have taken it to 2 different dealerships and still isn’t fixed. The first dealer said it was throwing a dynamic sensor code. They changed it out and the issue remained. They recommended changing all wheel speed sensors so I did. The problem is still there. The second dealer said it was throwing a right rear wheel speed sensor code due to a bad connector. I changed both rear wheel speed sensor connectors. Still have the same problem. MY STEERING WHEEL IS NOT OFF CENTER. If anyone has any idea on what might be causing this issue please share. I greatly appreciate any help. TIA.

The issue is the steering wheel isn't centered, a adjustable track bar will fix that. It's perfectly centered while driving straight down the road?

Next thing stay away from the Dealers.

Reactions: BigAL07
I have not and doubt either dealership did. I did just go under and check out the steering and front axle out. The upper heim joint on the fwd tracbar is pretty worn out. Could that cause the issue?

I have not and doubt either dealership did. I did just go under and check out the steering and front axle out. The upper heim joint on the fwd tracbar is pretty worn out. Could that cause the issue?

It could cause you a bad case of Death Wobble, better get that fixed. It could be possibly making your steering wheel go back and forth enough to maybe cause the ESP to come on. Do you feel like you have to constantly be moving the steering wheel to keep the Jeep going straight?

Reactions: Duster
I’ve never gotten the death wobble. It did seem like the steering would “hunt” a lot. This is my first Jeep and I was told they handle “different “. I figured that was just how it was. I tightened the tracbar bolt and it felt so much better on the highway. I’m gonna order a new heim joint for it and install it when I do an axle swap in 2 weeks.

I’ve never gotten the death wobble. It did seem like the steering would “hunt” a lot. This is my first Jeep and I was told they handle “different “. I figured that was just how it was. I tightened the tracbar bolt and it felt so much better on the highway. I’m gonna order a new heim joint for it and install it when I do an axle swap in 2 weeks.

So did your light come back on?

I’m having the very same issue with my ‘12. I’ve changed all 4 speed sensors and had an alignment done. Still getting the traction control light coming on and since I live in the mountains I’m having to pretty much manually shift mine every where I go. Not much fun to drive right now. Any help pictures if possible would be much appreciated since this is my first Jeep

I’m having the very same issue with my ‘12. I’ve changed all 4 speed sensors and had an alignment done. Still getting the traction control light coming on and since I live in the mountains I’m having to pretty much manually shift mine every where I go. Not much fun to drive right now. Any help pictures if possible would be much appreciated since this is my first JeepView attachment 121512
I’m having the very same issue with my ‘12. I’ve changed all 4 speed sensors and had an alignment done. Still getting the traction control light coming on and since I live in the mountains I’m having to pretty much manually shift mine every where I go. Not much fun to drive right now. Any help pictures if possible would be much appreciated since this is my first Jeep
42DA392F-3E5A-48D0-9975-6B347D3952DC.jpeg
E87A6B51-E892-4EF2-9685-0674B84A5818.jpeg

The first pic is the upper attach point for the fwd trackbar. It’s on the drivers side. The bolt that attaches is was loose on mine. The trackbar shown here is a stock non adjustable one. The second pic is a pick of the trackbar I have. It is adjustable with a Heim joint for the upper attachment. Not only was the attach bolt loose, the ball in the Heim joint was worn down making it sloppy. I found this out by starting my Jeep and having someone turn the steering wheel from stop to stop while looking at all the components for steering as well as the axle. We could see the bolt and joint moving when it shouldn’t be. Hope this helps you.